LYFORD CAY FOUNDATIONS: Lyford Cay Foundation, Inc. and The Canadian Lyford Cay Foundation are philanthropic organisations that share the same purpose and have deep roots in the Lyford Cay community. The Foundations’ core belief is that increasing educational attainment across the country is key to the development of a prosperous, healthy, and peaceful Bahamas. All programmes of the Lyford Cay Foundations are designed to help those who need them the most, and to yield palpable, long-term results. Programming especially serves students who will be the first generation in their family to achieve a post-secondary education.
LCFs OPERATIONS COORDINATOR: The Operations Coordinator will play a key role in building and maintaining the operations procedures of the organization. The selected candidate will report to the Executive Director. The Operations Coordinator will work in conjunction and collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration, Communications and Development Consultant and Scholarships Consultant. The Operations Coordinator will serve an urgent and immediate need for administrative and logistics support for Lyford Cay Foundations’ continued and smooth day-to-day operations. The Operations Coordinator will take initiative to achieve the Foundations’ immediate and short-term goals, and will work independently and with direction from the Executive Director. The suitable candidate will have professional experience working in a business processes, administrative logistics, client service and/or relationship management environment. He or she will have superior communication skills, attention to detail, and business procedural acumen and thoroughness.
KEY SKILLS & ACUMEN:
- Operations Skills: The successful candidate is highly skilled at getting things done, works well in collaboration with others to complete essential tasks, and can create effective workflows and processes;
- Organizational Skills: The successful candidate is highly organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, effective, efficient, can work on multiple competing projects simultaneously, and anticipates and mitigates challenges and obstacles to completing tasks;
- Interpersonal Skills: The successful candidate makes a great first impression, is approachable, self-aware, honest, open, good humored, composed, maintains good working relationships horizontally and vertically, and navigates organizational structures and complexities with ease;
- Managing Work Processes: The successful candidate can diagnose workflow processes and correct them quickly and effectively, and is always looking for and documenting strategies for process improvement;
- Drive: The successful candidate relentlessly strives to achieve results and deliver successful outcomes, and has the disposition to see through every task or project assigned to completion.
- Key/lead support for LCFs Constituent Relationship Management Software;
- Key/lead support for LCFs databases, information and records management support (print and electronic file maintenance);
- Assessment and documentation of business processes, procedures, and workflows;
- Variable administrative and logistics support for Communications, Scholarships, Development & Grants, as needed, including, but not limited to, mass mailings, website maintenance, correspondence support, resource management, scheduling of meetings, IT liaison, etc.
- Manage electronic board portal and meeting materials with Executive Director
- Coordinate with Communications and Development to support events
- Coordinate meeting logistics for all Board, committee, stakeholder, and staff meetings
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- IT and Project Management qualifications a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in an institutional setting with experience on complex projects
- Breadth of experience with data and information processing and management (Expertise in MS Excel;
- Experience in a client or constituent database software such as Access or proprietary software)
- Experience in a client relationship management environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in business processes, procurement, logistics, and project management
- Capacity to stay on task and deliver results on a deadline in the face of obstacles or challenges
- Proficiency in current and effective administrative and operations tools, techniques, and practices
- Willingness to assist with tasks at all levels
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- 40-hour work week: Monday through Friday
- Some evening or weekend work may be required.
Email your resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Nicola Virgill-Rolle, Executive Director¸ Lyford Cay Foundations
Deadline to Apply July 16th, 2021